Collection of Personal Information
The following are categories (with non-exhaustive examples) of personal information we may collect from you or about you:
- Identifier Information, such as your name, email, address, phone number, login name and password.
- Business data, such as the company you work for and job title.
- Communications that we exchange, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise through our chat service.
- Cookies and internet activity, such as text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our Services, activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Deidentified or Aggregate Information
Personal information does not include Deidentified and Aggregate Information. “Deidentified Information” means information that cannot reasonably identify, relate to, describe, be capable of being associated with, or be linked, directly or indirectly, to a particular individual, and for which HowGood has implemented technical safeguards and business processes that prohibit reidentification of the individual. “Aggregate Information” means information that relates to a group or category of individuals, from which individual identities have been removed, that is not linked or reasonably linkable to any individual or household, including via a device.
Sources of Personal Information
We obtain personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Personal Information You Provide. HowGood collects personal information when you voluntarily submit it to us.
- Personal Information that is Automatically Collected. In addition to personal information that we may receive directly from you, HowGood indirectly collects other information from you automatically through the Website, your computer or mobile device, and your activity over time on our Website, and other sites and online services.
- Personal Information Obtained from Third Parties. HowGood may receive personal information about you from other third party sources, including from business partners or data providers. We may merge or combine such personal information with the personal information we collect from you directly or automatically.
Use of Personal Information
HowGood’s primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide the Services and Content that you request on the Website. HowGood may also use personal information for various purposes, including without limitation:
- To Provide Our Content and Services. This could include fulfilling your requests for Services. It could also include processing purchases or other transactions. For example, if you share your personal information to request a price quote or ask a question about our Services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a Service, we will use such information to process your payment and facilitate delivery.
- To Improve Our Content and Services. We use personal information to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Users to make our Website, Services, or Content better, diagnose technical issues, prevent fraud, and develop new features and functionality.
- To Understand Your Interests. We use your personal information to personalize your experience on the Website and to deliver information about Services relevant to your interests. Our Website may make suggestions for Content that may be interesting to you and others. We use the data you provide and the data we have about other users, to make these recommendations.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. We use personal information to provide you with support and to respond to your requests for customer support, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses. This may also include responding to your feedback.
- To Determine Your Eligibility and Set Up Your Account. We use your personal information to verify your identity or determine your eligibility for some of our Services and promotions. For example, this may include verifying your age, date of birth, and place of residence. If you set up an account on the Website, we will use the personal information you provide to establish and maintain that account.
- To Secure the Website. We use personal information to maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, Content, and Services, databases and other technology assets, business, and other Users.
- As Required by Law. We use personal information to respond to requests from law enforcement and as required by applicable law, court order, or government investigation.
Sharing of Personal Information
Related Companies and M&A Transactions
We may share your personal information with companies that are affiliated with us (that is, that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with us). In addition, if we sell all or part of its business or make a sale or transfer of assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, we may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of that transaction, including at the negotiation stage.
We may disclose personal information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your personal information in order to establish or exercise our rights; to defend against a legal claim; to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities or fraud; to protect the safety and security of other Users.
Security of Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from the risks presented by unauthorized access or acquisition, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access or acquisition of your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
Modifications to your Personal Information
We rely on you to update and correct the personal information contained in your account. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our Website does not permit you to update or correct certain personal information, please contact us as described in the section titled “CONTACTING US” below.
You may choose to provide us with your e-mail address for the purpose of allowing us to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials. You can stop receiving promotional e-mails by clicking the “unsubscribe” links in the e-mails or by contacting us as described in the section titled “CONTACTING US” below. If you decide not to receive promotional e-mails, we may still send you service-related communications, such as those about your account, to fulfill orders for offers you have requested, or deliver notifications directly to you through the Website.
Some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be “tracked” online. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Notice to California Residents
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents who have an established business relationship with HowGood are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. This notice will identify the categories of information shared with and will include a list of the third parties with which it is shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit your request as described in the section titled “CONTACTING US” below.
International Transfers of Personal Information
HowGood is based in the United States of America. If you are from a country outside of the United States of America with laws governing data collection, use, and disclosure that may differ from U.S. law and you provide personal information to us, please note that any personal information that you provide to us may be transferred to the United States of America. By providing your personal information, where applicable law permits, you hereby specifically and expressly consent to such transfer and processing and the collection, use, and disclosure.
Residents of the European Economic Area
The following applies to individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA):
Lawful Basis for Processing
HowGood is required to inform you of the lawful basis of our processing of your personal information, which are described in the table below. If you have questions about the lawful basis of how we process your personal information, contact us as described in the section titled “CONTACTING US” below.